|Presentation Reminders [Orals and Posters]|
Dear CVPR 2010 presenter,
Please find below all the information you need for your presentation day. Kindly follow the instructions to enable a smooth conference.
Oral and spotlight sessions:
- Be present at the podium (in the correct room) at least 15 minutes before the start of your session. Oral presenters should introduce themselves to the session chair as soon as they arrive.
- The first row of chairs in the conference room will have numbered seats for all speakers (orals and spotlights). Please take the correct seat before the session starts.
- If you require any special assistance during your talk or to get to the podium, please let the session chair know of this before the session.
- Oral speakers should test their own laptops with the projector before the session, to avoid any technical difficulties.
- Oral talks are given 15 minutes plus 2 minutes for questions. You will be asked to leave the podium once your time is up, please make sure you do not exceed the given time limit.
- Spotlight speakers will be ushered to the podium by a volunteer when their talk is due. You are given 10 seconds to take your place, and introduce yourself. The spotlight slide will be displayed for 90 seconds. All slides will run automatically, so please give your microphone to the next presenter and leave the podium once your slide is flipped. Note that you will not have access to the laptop (applies only to the spotlight presenters).
- Recall that all "clickable" animations have been removed from the spotlight presentations. You will not have access to the laptop to advance the slides or go back. All "timed" presentations have been preserved and checked.
- Your poster will be shown in the evening session on the same day as your spotlight talk.
- Each poster is assigned a specific board. Check with the volunteers or the registration desk if you cannot find your poster board.
- Put your poster up on the board between 1pm-5pm on the day of your presentation.
- Remove your poster after your poster session is over.
|VideoLectures Publishing Consent Form [Orals and Posters]|
Orals as well as poster spotlights will be filmed this year and published on
http://videolectures.net. In order to distribute the videos we need at
least one representative from each paper to sign a consent form. You can
download it here:
Please scan the signed consent form and email it to
firstname.lastname@example.org by May 28th at the latest. The file should
have the form and the subject of the email should be the id
of the paper. Please make sure that the file is readable before sending it.
Orals for which we do not receive the signed consent by May 28 will not be
filmed. Posters without the signed consent will not get a *spotlight*
presentation (however, the poster presentation will proceed normally).
We will also need your presentation slides for video synchronization. For
poster spotlights, we will be collecting the slides from May 1 to May 28.
For orals, the presentations will be collected after the conference.
At the conference, each oral presenter will be given 15 minutes to present his/her work leaving 2 minutes for questions. Please prepare the content of your talk accordingly. You can check your session at: http://cvl.umiacs.umd.edu/conferences/cvpr2010/program/. Make sure to introduce yourself to the session chair at least 10 minutes before the start of your session.
This year each oral presenter will have the chance to additionally present their work as a poster. During the poster session (on the same day of your talk) a poster board will be provided for you. This is optional but a good opportunity to expose the work further and get extra feedback from the CVPR attendees. The physical dimension of the poster board is 8 feet wide and 4 feet high. Note that this does not mean having the additional 90-second spotlight presentation. You can invite people to your poster at the end of your talk if you wish to use this opportunity.
|Poster Spotlights [Posters only]|
As you may already know, each poster this year will also have a spotlight presentation. Each spotlight presenter will give a very short (90 seconds max) "teaser" talk to advertise his/her poster. Approximately 15-20 spotlight presentations are scheduled after each oral session and will take place in the main halls where the conference orals are given. Note that the intention of the spotlights is to draw people's attention to the posters and are *not* meant to be mini-talks. Presentations will be scheduled on the same day as the associated posters. The preliminary program is available here
We ask the authors of each poster to prepare a one slide summary presentation using the following template:
Please amend the template as follows:
1- Title slide: please fill in the name of the session of the poster (from the program), the date of the presentation, the title and the authors of the paper. Please underline the name of the person giving the spotlight talk.
2- The second slide should give a brief summary of the approach taken in the paper and the most interesting results obtained by the approach. Feel free to include pictures. However, do not include any videos in the slides. Leave the top left field in the slide empty - we will fill in the poster id once the final program is available.
3- There is a strict limit of one slide per presentation - If multiple slides are submitted, only the first one will be included in the program. There will also be a hard limit of 90 seconds per talk, so please prepare the content accordingly.
4- Submit the .ppt file containing the presentation through CMT: https://cmt.research.microsoft.com/CVPR2010/.
The slides will be put together into a single file for each session, which necessitates a single format. Thus submit the presentation in the Powerpoint format (as the given template) and make sure it is compatible with Windows XP. Please test the presentation before submitting.
DEADLINE : Slides for the spotlight are due by Friday, May 28 11 PM PST. This is a hard deadline, and we will not be accepting the presentations nor any changes or additions after the deadline. Please also make sure that you submit the signed publishing consent form (Publishing_Consent.pdf) via email to email@example.com by this date as well as the presentation will not be included in the program if we do not receive the signed consent.
- Presenters will NOT have access to the computer on which the presentations will run. All
spotlights in the same session will be compiled into a single presentation, and slides will automatically advance.
- The first (title) slide of each presentation will be shown for exactly 10 seconds during which the microphone
will be handed over to the presenter and the presenter will introduce
himself/herself, the authors and the title of the paper.
- The second slide will be shown for exactly 90 seconds. This timing is strict and you are kindly asked to leave the podium for the next presenter after the 90 seconds are up.
- Clickable animations are NOT accepted and will be removed if found during the process of compiling the session's presentation.
- Timed animations can be used yet we do not advise you to do so, as
the timing on your machine can differ slightly from the timing on the laptop used at
the venue. Ensure that your talk is flexible and you are not surprised by such
slight variations. There will be no chance to check or practice your presentation using
the laptop before hand.
The physical dimensions of the poster boards that will be available this year are 8 feet wide by 4 feet high. Please prepare your posters accordingly.
For any enquiries, please contact:
Sanja Fidler (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dima Damen (email@example.com)